Brown Sugar Peach French Toast Cups
I know I post a lot of recipes with peaches. And I fully intended to make this recipe with blueberries or blackberries. Blueberries and blackberries! Two fruits that I’ve completely neglected on my blog. But a little nagging voice in my head kept saying, “No! Use peaches! Peaches will be better!”

Brown Sugar & Peaches
Usually the voice in my head is too busy singing Poison songs to get involved in my cooking process, so I figured I better listen. If nagging inner voice can take a break from “Every Rose Has Its Thorn” on endless repeat for hours at a time, this must be important! So I went with peaches. Again.

I promise, next summer will be the summer of blueberries. Blueberry everything! All summer! You have my word. And my word? It’s gold.

Peaches & Bread in Cups
If you’ve been reading Oh My Veggies for a while, maybe you remember my Sweet Potato French Toast Cups recipe. I wanted to do that again, but with fruit. The thing I love most about making little individual French toasts in muffin tins is that they’re portion-controlled and easy to freeze. Bake ’em, freeze ’em, and heat ’em in the microwave for breakfast. It doesn’t get much easier than that.

Unlike the sweet potato version, these Brown Sugar Peach French Toast Cups are sweet enough that you don’t need to add syrup or sauce. With the dusting of brown sugar on top, they’re perfect on their own. Kids can even pick them up just like muffins or cupcakes, which makes them a great back-to-school breakfast.

Brown Sugar Peach French Toast Cups [on plate]
Since summer is almost over and peaches won’t be in season much longer, you can substitute apples or firm pears for the peaches. And yes, you could even do blueberries or blackberries. Versatility? These French toast cups have it covered.

Print

Brown Sugar Peach French Toast Cups

Brown Sugar Peach French Toast Cups Recipe

Perfectly portioned French Toast Casserole! These little French Toast Cups can be prepped the night before and baked in the morning. They’re so sweet and flavorful, you don’t need to add any syrup.

  • Prep Time: 15 minutes
  • Cook Time: 35 minutes
  • Total Time: 50 minutes
  • Yield: 12 French Toast Cups

Ingredients

  • cooking spray or oil mister
  • 8 oz stale bread, torn into 1/2 inch pieces (I prefer French bread)
  • 2 peaches, pitted and thinly sliced
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup low-fat milk
  • 1/2 cup half-and-half
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp brown sugar, divided

Instructions

  1. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray or oil. Divide bread and peaches evenly among all 12 muffin cups. You might have to smash them down a little bit to fit them in, but that’s okay.
  2. Beat 3 eggs in a medium bowl. Whisk in milk, half-and-half, vanilla, cinnamon, and 3 tbsp. brown sugar. Use a ladle to pour egg mixture over bread and peaches. Cover muffin tin with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, up to overnight.
  3. Preheat oven to 325°F. Remove plastic wrap from muffin tin and use a spoon to push bread and peaches down into the egg mixture. Sprinkle tops with remaining 2 tablespoons of brown sugar.
  4. Bake for about 35 minutes or until French toast cups are set and edges are golden. Loosen cups by running a butterknife along edges before removing from muffin tin.

Notes

Prep time does not include time in refrigerator.

Nutrition

  • Serving Size: 2 French Toast Cups
About

Kiersten is the founder and editor of Oh My Veggies.